Thursday, March 8, 2012

Update on the documentary film


The documentary is going well; I am doing intensive editing now of the 40 interviews, 1000 images, and several videos available to work from. The intern I have is working out better than I could have imagined. Funds are already looking low, but I am applying for grants and will launch a second campaign in a week or so. 

The last bunch of interviews really helped shape the story. I interviewed Fran Woodward Richardson, whose father framed work for David in the 50's and early 60's and who took art lessons from David's short lived, The Covered Bridge School; and Susan May, who lived with the Baker family as a child; Otis and Terry Port, who are funding this work and who published David in American Artist; Kim Beals and Joan Sherman, who both helped David market his work. Also, Nancy, David's daughter, recently handed me a package of a couple hundred more photos to scan in. 

It's looking good folks! 
Judy Faust

No comments:

Post a Comment